Last Updated: August 7, 2017
Wolk, Inc. operates decentralized database services based on Ethereum SWARM. To learn more about the Wolk platform, please visit www.wolk.com. Content and Data buyers (“Buyers”) can obtain content and data using a virtual currency called Wolk tokens. Content and data suppliers (“Suppliers”) can likewise receive payment in Wolk tokens. To learn more about Wolk tokens, please visit www.wolk.com
Information We Collect
: When you sign up for a Wolk account, you provide us with your name, email address, phone number, company name, and company website.
: If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
: To facilitate purchases, we collect information about Buyers’ [bank routing numbers, bank account numbers, billing address], Ethereum address (if you make a payment using Wolk tokens). If you make a payment using a credit or debit card through the Services, your information will be collected by a third-party payment provider and not by us.
: To make sure Suppliers get paid, we collect information about Suppliers’ bank routing numbers, tax information, Ethereum address (if receiving payment via Wolk tokens) and any other payment information provided by Suppliers.
Data Subject Information: Our Suppliers provide various attributes tied to mobile device IDs, hashed or clear text email addresses, and hashed or clear text phone numbers in order to enable them to license that data to third parties for purposes of online advertising. These attributes include:
- Other IDs (e.g., mobile device IDs, hashed or clear text e-mail addresses, and hashed or clear text phone numbers)
- Demographic data (e.g., age, gender, ethnicity, relationship status, number of children)
- Purchase intent data (e.g., auto, mortgage, real estate)
- Device data: (e.g., iPhone 7 plus)
We may use this information, for example, to ensure that the Services function properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages or opened messages or newsletters, or to prevent fraud. We use IP address to derive your approximate location.
, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
. If, however, you do not accept cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We do not use Data Subject Information for any purpose other than to provide the Services.
We may use the information we collect about Buyers and Suppliers:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and otherwise to provide support to users.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative and informational purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest.
- We may aggregate data collected through the Services and may use and disclose it for any purpose.
- For our business purposes, such as audits, security, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights.
How We Share Your Information
We share Data Subject Information with our service providers and with Buyers who purchase the Information.
We disclose Buyer or Supplier information that we collect through the Services to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, online advertising, auditing, and other services.
- To our advertising and marketing partners in order to promote our Services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose aggregate information that does not identify or otherwise relate to an individual for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data.
Your Choices and Access
From time to time, we send marketing e-mail messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email.
Use of Services by Minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide personal information through the Services. If we find out that a child under 13 has provided personal information, we will take steps to delete that information.
International Cross-Border Data Transfer
Wolk uses servers hosted in the United States, Europe, and Asia. Please note that we may be transferring your information outside of your region for storage and processing in the United States and around the globe. By using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.